With the lovely designs unfolding in the real estate industry, cleaning measures need an upping too. Hardwood floors for example are an admirable piece especially if given the good touch. Did I say good touch? Yes I bet I did; cleaning may not be a walk in the park like it may seem. The pet hair, grains, dust bunnies and other objects need as much attention as the flashy car you drive. The first step towards giving your home that great makeover would be to identify what works for you.
A successful journey towards a clean and beautiful hardwood floor begins by obtaining the right tools for the task. What are your tools and how efficient are they? This is what counts towards creating that identifiable sparkle. What then should you look for?
- Portability. This may not look key but I’m sure you don’t want to spend the better part of your energy directing the vacuum. For vacuums, portability would range from handheld sizes that are corded, to those that are cordless. Cordless vacuums are more manageable compared to the corded ones and are even more flexible to work with.
- Accessories and attachments are another thing you need to pay close attention to. Some vacuums have better accessories than others depending on what serves your interests. Depending on whether it is cleaning those mischievous crevices or just the crumbs on your hardwood floor, the right accessories will go a long way in easing your task.
- For portability sake, you might want to consider the weight of the vacuum. Light weight vacuums would be ideal for your case. You can always check out this guide is you are unsure on what handheld vacuum features you need.
- While seeking to achieve portability, you should not forget to consider versatility and suction power. The power will dictate how clean your hardwood will be in the long run.
Options in The Market
Choosing a portable hardwood vacuum may not be easy; you can however make it simpler though by using pricing, company, and features as a guide. Canister style vacuums for example would be ideal considering most of them come with rubber stamps. These are particularly important in maintaining the texture or avoid scratching.
- Metro – Data Pro Portable is considered to be of a high ranking.
- Electrolux – ultra Power is a lightweight cordless designed to leave the sparkle.
- Eureka – rapid clean bag-less & cordless is a great option for portability and good results on hardwood floors.
- Dyson – DC59 is cordless, offering portability and optimum results.
- The shark series has a variety like the bag-less cordless hand vac and the rocket self-propelled.
- The dirt devil is a cordless hand vac too with promising results.
Majority of these products are easily available in Amazon, Wal-Mart and other sites like eBay. Free delivery is also available for customers who are purchasing from those sites.
Generally, acquiring the right tools for your cleaning is the first direction towards gaining a clean hardwood floor. Keep your purchases right and you will be smiling all the way to ecstasy.
Are you looking forward to your first canister vacuum? Can’t seem to decide among so many brands and models? Eureka Might Mite 3670G is the best vacuum cleaner you could ask for. It’s a solid contender amongst affordable canister models. The device works flawlessly on hard surfaces. It’s a wonderful machine for folks who don’t find time to vacuum their homes on a regular basis.
Does that spark an idea? Read on to know more about Eureka Mighty Mite.
What Makes It Popular?
- The machine is extremely lightweight and moves flawlessly across the floor.
- It is furnished with a power-touch handle, with easy-to-use accessories like deluxe bare-floor nozzle and floor brush that offer a painless cleaning experience.
- Its blower port is an extremely useful part. It effectively eliminates any debris trapped within fabrics, machine parts and furniture.
- Availability of auto shut-off feature and a 20-feet long cord makes it extremely functional.
- The device includes a range of useful on-board tools like upholstery nozzle, combination dusting tool, dusting brush and crevice tool that clean multiple surfaces.
- It consists of an integrated extension wand that helps you reach every nook and corner.
- The machine lets you make adjustments to its height and cleaning procedure. You can easily switch from bare floors to area rugs and vice versa, with a single flick of switch.
- Eureka 3670G is built to North American Electrical Standards and the makers use use top-quality spare parts for manufacturing.
- Manufacturers offer 1-year warranty on all machine parts.
Being compact and lightweight in nature, Eureka Might Mite 3670G is easily maneuverable and allows multi-surface cleaning. You can use a combination of different on-board tools to clean area rugs, bare floors, staircase, drapes, upholstery, car interiors, garage and domestic gadgets. Overall, it’s a perfect tool for dusting. It may not be the best choice for carpet cleaning (since it lacks powerful brush-roll) but it delivers excellent performance in terms of removing fine pet hair, cat litter, pet poop and minute food crumbs. If used properly, the machine lasts for several years to come.
How To Achieve Maximum Efficiency When Cleaning
- You have to empty the dust bags quite frequently because motor filter tends to get clogged with frequent cleaning. If you’re planning to use this gadget on carpets, you must clean the filters more frequently otherwise plaster dust, powder, dust particles, carpet fabric or other fine objects can damage its filter.
- You can enhance its suction power by closing the slip ring present on hose handle. Attach the extension wand with hose handle and use crevice tool or turbo nozzle to extend your reach.
- Before using the blower port, make sure that you detach hose from the front side of the canister. Attach the blower port on the backside to maximize your vacuum’s efficiency.
Eureka 3670G is easily maneuverable and equally easy to store. With a lengthy power cord, it provides you bigger area for cleaning. Since the device has a low profile, it can easily swivel around furniture. In short, it’s an efficient, durable and affordable machine, backed by one-year warranty.
Some customers have reported excessive noise production and lack of HEPA filters as the prime downsides of using this machine. Moreover, the dust bags are too small to hold lots of dust and debris.
Other than these minor shortcomings, the device is fit for domestic purposes. Shoppers give it 4.1 stars out of 5. You must go for it!